Hypnotherapy for Social Anxiety in Nottingham
Hypnosis for Social Anxiety in Nottingham
Do you feel afraid, overwhelmed, or feel anxious in social situations? Avoid social events? Fearful of speaking to an audience?
Elevated Therapy, and the work of Dr. Michael G Millett can help with Hypnotherapy for Social Anxiety in Nottingham, Newark-on-Trent, and West Bridgford
Common Social Anxiety Issues Michael can help with
- Anxiety – you experience raised anxiety levels or panic attacks in social situations or events
- Blushing – you may blush inappropriately in interactive situations
- Communication – you find it difficult to communicate with others, be yourself, and say what you want to say
- Confidence – you have very little self-belief or no confidence while interacting with others
- Judgement – you fear others getting to know you, and what they may think of you
- Held Back – you feel held back from enjoying life and creating new experiences
- Limitation – you avoid, and decline invitations, or you keep the group of people you are socially connected with small and limited
- Thoughts – you have anxious thoughts leading up to a particular event, meeting, or interaction
Social phobias are one of the most common anxiety disorders, and occur when people have fear or anxiety of being in social situations. The fear or phobia may have resulted from one particular event or by a number of different situations which then create the problem in the here and now. The felt effect of this is major disturbance in a person’s life. Dr. Michael G Millett’s work in this area addresses the situation directly in finding out the event(s) or feelings behind the issue, and subsequently finding the correct solution to moving on, and being free.
There are two main types of social phobia with people:
Generalised Social Anxiety – Where people find it very difficult to control their worries, and distress in a wide range of social situations. Their feelings of anxiety are more constant where they feel anxious about a wide range of situations and issues, rather than one specific event.
Specific Social Anxiety – Those with specific social phobia may experience anxiety only in certain situations. The most common symptoms of specific social phobia are glossophobia, the fear of public speaking and the fear of performance, better known as stage fright. Other examples of specific social phobia include fears of intimacy or sexual encounters, attending social gatherings, and dealing with authority figures.
Many people will employ avoidance tactics to avoid these social situations totally making them increasingly isolated. This will often result in their limited ability to move forward with their work, expanding their business, their family relationships and finding love. They are being held back from enjoying life and creating new experiences. Further down the line depression, loneliness, confidence problems and low self esteem can ensue.
Dr. Michael G Millett’s work with Hypnotherapy, and EFT for Social Anxiety in Nottingham, Newark-on-Trent, Bingham, Southwell, and West Bridgford is focused for positive results allowing clients to begin the journey to reach their full potential, and have a more rewarding and happier life.
People with Signs of Social Anxiety may…
- dread everyday activities
- fear meeting strangers
- dislike talking to authority figures
- avoid talking in groups or starting conversations
- not like speaking on the telephone
- avoid eating or drinking with company
- not like shopping
- dodge working
Hypnotherapy, and EFT Treatment for Social Anxiety
Elevated Therapy and the work of Dr. Michael Millett is geared towards alleviating all forms of anxiety through changing your mind-set and thinking patterns. His approach in dealing with social anxiety is designed to help you identify where the fears are coming from so that they can be healed, and dealt with correctly. This may involve an analytical hypnosis approach.
Michael’s positive work includes:
- Increasing your confidence and self esteem
- Resolving underlying causes such as unacknowledged emotions or beliefs
- Reducing sensitivity to situations where social anxiety happens
- Changing any thought patterns that contribute to the problem
- Creating realistic action plans that help you take charge of the situation
Michael may suggest the use of self hypnosis at home for you which he will teach you in the sessions to help ground you, and control your anxious feelings. He will also likely focus on confidence coaching, raising you self esteem through hypnosis, as well as the correct use of advanced EFT to bring about the best change for you, so you can move forward with ease.
This will help you move beyond social anxiety, and become socially confident through building your inner resources to feel calmer, and emotionally stronger.
If you would like to find out more about how Dr. Michael G Millett, and the work of Elevated Therapy ® in Nottingham, Newark-on-Trent, and West Bridgford can help you – get in touch today !
Disclaimer: Please note that as this is a form of therapy, and therefore organic – Dr. Michael Millett is unable to guarantee results which may vary from person to person. Some people have responded very quickly to the work, and have been delighted with their recovery. Elevated Therapy testimonials show this. Other people take longer to move forward. There are so many different situations, and people are not the same. Michael will help you as fast as he can, and each session will be progressive.
Wollaton. Radcliffe on Trent. Melton Mowbray. Grantham. Farndon. Gedling. Bottesford. Ruddington. East Bridgford. Calverton. Arnold. Hucknall. Carlton. Beeston. Long Bennington. Bottesford. Tollerton. Keyworth. Balderton.
Hypnotherapy for Social Anxiety, and Hypnosis for Social Anxiety in Grantham for Nottingham, and the districts of Wollaton, Radford, Lenton, The Park, Woodthorpe, Mapperley, Arnold, Beeston, Bulwell, Hyson Green, Bramcote, Stableford, Sandiacre, Long Eaton, Ruddington, Clifton, Nuthall, Bestwood, Hucknall, Eastwood, and throughout the City of Nottingham, and Nottinghamshire